- Restaurant Owners and Facility Management
- Insurance and Risk Management Professionals
- Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- Active North American Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Company
- Active International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Company
- IKECA Strategic Partners
- Membership Policies and Procedures
- Canadian Chapter
- Referral Program
- Member Spotlight
- What Our Members Say About IKECA
Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs) Complimentary Membership
Membership for AHJs is complimentary!
Qualifying members can complete the membership application to get started. Please be sure to read and agree to the IKECA Code of Conduct, Membership Policies & Procedures, and Bylaws. AHJ members will receive a complimentary grease gauge, C10 Standard, I10 Standard and IKECA Journal subscription upon being approved for membership.
How to apply
- Qualifying AHJs can get started with membership right away: Apply Online
IKECA is a non-profit organization committed to fire prevention and life safety by advancing the quality of cleaning, inspection and maintenance of commercial kitchen exhaust systems worldwide. By becoming a member, you gain instant access to industry experts who can support your efforts in mitigating risk in the field. Moreover, you can access other AHJs around North America, learning about what measures they have instituted (and how) to keep commercial kitchen exhaust systems compliant. For no additional cost, expand your network to support your efforts in keeping fire fighters and the public safe from grease fires!
Complimentary Registration for IKECA Events
IKECA hosts two annual events: the Annual Membership Meeting every Spring and the Fall Technical Seminar & Expo. AHJ members are invited to attend these events at no cost!
- Each meeting features several educational sessions catered to AHJ members; take advantage of the opportunities to learn from leaders from around the world who are in the kitchen exhaust cleaning industry
- Network face to face with AHJs from other jurisdictions to make valuable connections with peers who face the same challenges in the field as you
- Attending educational sessions may qualify as continuing education with other credentialing organizations
AHJ members have the opportunity to serve on IKECA committees designed to improve the member experience and grow the kitchen exhaust cleaning industry.
- The AHJ Committee provides a direct link to allies from other jurisdictions and to our key partners in fire prevention and life safety
- Don’t reinvent the wheel with inspection reports and standards! The AHJ committee is working to develop a library of resources which you can download and implement in your own jurisdiction
Members receive discounts on ANSI/IKECA Standards and merchandise; as well as having access to complimentary resources designed to help your relationships with local kitchen exhaust cleaning companies and facility managers.
- Get your hands on the ANSI/IKECA C10 and I10 Standards! These IKECA developed, ANSI accredited standards go beyond the NFPA 96 by getting more specific to kitchen exhaust cleaning and providing further guidance on properly cleaning and inspecting systems
- KEC Best Practice Brochure: Use this complimentary brochure to help educate local facility managers how to hire the best KEC company and why looking beyond a cheap bid is a good idea!
- Discounted merchandise: Earn discounts on hood certificates, access panel stickers, grease gauges and more!
All members received a quarterly newsletter and IKECA Journal distributed twice per year. The IKECA Journal is a trade magazine that serves the commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning industry featuring topics which deal with best practices and innovations in the industry as well as items of interest to local authorities, restaurant and food service facility managers.
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news, committee initiatives and IKECA membership benefits
- Read company spotlights for tips on best practices from IKECA members around the world
Reduced Costs for Certification
IKECA offers a Certified Exhaust System Inspector (CESI) certification designed primarily for field inspectors whose job it is to investigate and report on the cleanliness condition of commercial cooking and ventilating systems. AHJ members receive significant discounts on certification exams and renewals!
- Gain integral understanding of the guidelines, standards and codes which are followed in proper kitchen exhaust system inspections to ensure compliance on every job
Listing in the Online Member Directory
All members are included in the online membership directory hosted on the IKECA website
- Keep in touch with key partners in your area and make it easy for kitchen exhaust cleaners and end-users of kitchen exhaust systems to find you
- By aligning yourself with IKECA, you show dedication to the IKECA mission to be committed to fire prevention and life safety by advancing the quality of cleaning, inspection and maintenance of commercial exhaust systems worldwide
If you wish to apply for membership via mail or PDF, please contact IKECA Headquarters: email@example.com.