Exam Applications For IKECA Certification
- PECT Exam Application *Members Only*
- CECT Exam Application or Apply Online
- CECS Exam Application or Apply Online
- CESI Exam Application or Apply Online
- Exam Re-take Application
Policies for Exam Conduct
This section is applicable to all IKECA certification exams.
- At the testing location, you will receive an exam booklet with a separate sheet on which to record your answers by filling in a small circle with a pencil
- Test applicants are required to sign the Exam Affidavit Form prior to the start of the exam
- Closed book exam – no notes, books or calculators will be permitted in the exam room
- Pencils will be available but you are advised to bring two sharp #2 pencils
- At the conclusion of the exam, you will be required to return your test booklet and answer sheet to the exam proctor
- Beverages are permitted in the testing room; food is prohibited
- There is no smoking in the testing room
- Cell phones, smart phones, pagers or any other electronic devices are prohibited
- Candidates may leave the examination room as needed, but may not take any materials with them when they leave the room and are not allowed to bring materials back into the room with them. You are not permitted to remove a copy of the test booklet from the room
- Collaboration/disruptive conduct during the test are prohibited. Any violation of this regulation shall result in a score of zero for the test, and possible prohibition from sitting future IKECA certification tests
- IKECA reserves the right to cancel any test score if, in the association’s sole opinion, there is adequate reason to challenge its validity
- IKECA reserves the right to delete from scoring any question which is determined to have been exposed before the test administration, or is determined to be flawed
- IKECA reserves the right to cancel a test administration if it has been determined that the security of the test was violated prior to its administration
- Candidates who experience extraordinary disturbances/distractions during an IKECA test may detrimentally or materially affect their performance should file a written complaint with the IKECA office. Such a complaint or appeal must be filed within 7 days of the administration of the test, and must describe the nature and effects of the disturbance or distraction. Complaints or appeals submitted after 7 days, or the release of score letters, shall not be considered
How to Become Certified
Applying for Certification:
- Decide which certification is right for you.
- Schedule an exam date and time with a private, third-party proctor in your area from either a local library, testing center or college/university. Other facilities will require approval from IKECA.
- Complete the exam application for the certification of your choice.
- Review the exam application and ensure accurateness and completeness; incomplete applications will not be accepted. Send your completed application and appropriate fees to IKECA Headquarters.
- Wait for your confirmation which will be delivered via email within 10-15 business days.
Take Your Exam:
- Be sure to review the IKECA’s policies on exam conduct and irregularities
- Find out from your proctor in advance of the exam date how early you need to arrive the day of your exam as well as what will be required (e.g… picture identification) in order for you to sit for the exam.
- Take the test!
- Wait for the results, which will be sent via email within two weeks of receiving the completed exam from the proctor.
If You Pass Your Exam:
You will be sent a letter accompanied by an ID Card and certificate which detail your expiration date. Understanding certification maintenance requirements will be key to you maintaining your certification in good standing. Review those requirements here. Each certified individual is responsible for maintaining a valid certification.
If You Fail Your Exam:
While disappointing, these things do happen. We encourage you to retake the exam.
- Complete the Exam Re-take Application found here and follow steps to locate a proctor.
- Schedule your exam within one year of your original exam date in order to qualify for the re-take fee. Please note that if you have a membership application in, you have 90 days to re-sit for the exam.
Questions? If after reviewing these steps you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (215) 320-3876. Please leave a message if we do not pick up immediately and we will return your call within 24 hours. For faster service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Critique Procedures
IKECA uses a formal procedure to allow and encourage all candidates to challenge the content of specific test questions or the overall test. Under this procedure, candidates receive a special critique form during the test that they may complete anonymously, noting possibly vague or ambiguous aspects of questions, or other test quality issues. These forms should be completed during the administration of the test, but after the candidate has completed all examination questions. The critiques are used by IKECA in its post administration, quality control review of the test.
Employees don’t speak English? Have a translator proctor their exam! For our non-English speaking members, IKECA is now offering an opportunity to have a third-party translator proctor and deliver an IKECA certification exam in their own language. This is exciting news to any IKECA member who is in need of a translator during the exam process!
How to Use a Translator
- Review the translators below and select the one most appropriate for you.
- Contact the translator and schedule an appointment to take your exam, including date, time and location (all translation fees are the individual/company’s responsibility).
- Fill out an IKECA certification exam application; include your appointment information under the proctor section. The address should be the location where you are taking the exam.
- E-mail/fax/mail your exam application to IKECA Headquarters.
11199 Sorrento Valley Road, Suite 203
San Diego, CA
Contact person: Jennifer Gonzalez
Phone: 858-866-0500 (ext. 128)
Price information (PDF)